페이지 정보

작성자 Paul 작성일24-07-24 16:59 조회6회 댓글0건

본문

이름 : Paul
이메일 : paul_starks@yahoo.ca
연락처 :
예식일 : Out-door Games: Cricket and Golf/Chapter Q0
문의내용:

To execute a carom shot successfully, start by analyzing the positioning of all relevant balls on the table. When attempting a combo shot, carefully assess the positioning and alignment of both balls involved in the combination. High-quality balls should be perfectly round and have consistent weights throughout the set. Most trick shots are set up outside of regular gameplay, but sometimes players will attempt trick shots during play. The bad-tempered golfer is a nuisance and anxiety to himself and his friends; indeed I have seen it come to such a pass that, though a man may have friends anywhere else, they are not to be found on the links. His attentions were evidently not welcome to Mr. Gibbon, who daily grew more and more nervous and irritable, and had the appearance of a man whom something disquieted. In like manner, if a young golfer makes up his mind that he will not allow himself to be disturbed if a rook flies across the line of play, or his opponent talks to his caddie, he will find that such things will not disturb him and he will enjoy the game more himself and be a far pleasanter companion and opponent to everybody else.

It is trying perhaps to find oneself beaten by youths, who a few years before used to touch their caps to you, and you presented with a third; but it is odd that everybody does not realise that this development is inevitable, and should therefore have come naturally and not as a violent surprise. It is far better and more humane to abuse your opponent who has a right of reply, than your caddie who has none. And I have seen lawns where only the masters and not the undergraduates may walk, and staircases where only the graduates and not the students may play billiards; I have seen professors in rabbits’ fur and cloaks as red as lobsters, I have seen the graduates kneel and kiss the hand of the Vice-Chancellor; of all these wonders I have been able to make a drawing only of one venerable college provost, who poured out for me a glass of sherry at least as old as the elder Pitt. One spiky blade of grass may make all the difference in laying a ball dead or holing it, and the eye cannot always be depended on to see such things.

He has lost some of his length, he cannot force a ball out of its bunker as he did formerly, and his eye is not quick at judging the distance of about eighty yards which he has to carry to get over some danger. One man insists on having his caddie and everybody he may be playing with, fixed behind his back and nowhere else-on the absurd ground, I suppose, that if they take up their position in any other spot they catch his eye. Take a stroke of eighty yards and one of forty, the mashie or some sort of lofted iron would be used for both these shots; and yet a player knows that at one distance he has a good chance of making a good stroke, at the other distance his heart goes into his boots. But even if this is true of clubs, there is yet another aspect of the question, and that is, the question of distance.

In billiards every stroke requires thought of the question of strength; even a safety miss may easily be altogether defeated in its object if played too hard or too soft. Billiard balls come in various materials such as polyester, resin, what is billiards and even ivory (though ivory balls are rare due to conservation efforts). The tempers of some golfers have their humorous side, but there are also some that are painful to witness. You play with the same cue at billiards, with the same bat at cricket, with the same mallet at croquet, with the same racquet at tennis, lawn-tennis, and racquets; golf is the only game in the world, as far as I know, where it is absolutely necessary to have a minimum number of five or six clubs to play a game with. It involves hitting the cue ball against one or more cushions before hitting your target ball into a pocket. To the huge majority of players there are one or more clubs in which they cannot affect to feel much confidence. The player with only an ordinary capacity perhaps may feel really confident with only one club, and yet has to play with several; so of him it may be said that every stroke-except that played with one club-is a trial to his nerves.

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

접속자집계

오늘
어제
최대
전체
그누보드5
회사소개 개인정보취급방침 서비스이용약관 Copyright © 소유하신 도메인. All rights reserved.
상단으로